We have exciting opportunities across the business for MET (Mechanical, Electrical & Trim) Apprentices, which will involve work towards a recognised qualification.
Full time: 39 hours per week.
About the role
As an MET Apprentice for Arnold Clark, you’ll be responsible for ensuring work is carried out to the highest standards, and that quality check paperwork is completed for every job. You’ll also complete stripping and fitting work as required.
Excellent communication skills are an absolute must, as is a meticulous eye for detail and a basic grasp of hand skills. You’ll be able to show us genuine enthusiasm for the role, a professional manner and a willingness to get stuck in.
- Carry out mechanical and electrical repairs to accident-damaged vehicles.
- Stripping vehicles to get them ready for the panel shop.
- Re-assembling vehicles with new parts as needed, restoring them to their former condition.
- Carrying out work in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
- Completing all documentation to the required standard.
- Road-testing vehicles to check repairs.
- Working to high standards as part of a team, with customer satisfaction in mind.
- You’ll have gained GCSE grade 4- 9 or above in Maths, English and a science or technical subject or accredited equivalent.
- You must be literate, numerate, reliable and keen to learn.
- Basic hand skills.
In return for your enthusiasm and willingness to learn, you’ll receive extensive training on specific tasks and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.