We are looking to recruit a Logistics Executive Apprentice to join our Activa team
We can offer you:
- 33 days’ annual leave which will grow with years of service
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Generous staff discounts
- Opportunities for training and progression
- Contributory pension scheme
- Maternity and paternity packages
- …and much more
About the role
As a Logistics Executive, you will process new vehicle acquisitions on behalf of Activa. This will include handover arrangements, logistical movements and interim vehicle requirements, which you will manage by monitoring and liaising with AC Group and Activa nominated dealers and third-party suppliers.
You will need to administer timely arrangements of end-of-contract Activa vehicles, ensuring the most cost-effective collection option is utilised.
You will endeavour to exceed customer expectations by managing daily duties in a professional manner. In doing so, you will meet the service commitments made to customers and to reinforce the message of “Promises Delivered”.
- Request updates using the ACVM update system, and from nominated suppliers to obtain the estimated delivery date of the customer order.
- Maintain appropriate records, monitor progress and provide customer order updates on a fortnightly basis.
- Identify any customer order which is likely to exceed the estimated delivery date and take appropriate action to accelerate any delay as soon as possible.
- Ensure that all involved parties are fully informed regarding progress being made.
- Make online orders of driver safety packs, number plates and mats for vehicles arriving into stock and ensure these are despatched directly to the supplying dealer or the logistic agent.
- Instruct supplying dealers to tax and register vehicles.
- Obtain verification from the supplying dealer that the customer vehicle order is complete and available for delivery – organise convenient delivery date directly with the customer. Arrange delivery via web portal or written instruction via email – confirm to all parties.
- Arrange Activa/other leasing company end-of-contract vehicles collections.
- Under our logistics tariff service provision, arrange collection, inspection, service/repair and valet of customer-owned and or Activa surplus vehicles.
- When complete, offer vehicle to customer and arrange delivery to location as directed. Ensure necessary customer charges are effectively updated for recharge.
- Receive enquiries (verbal/written) from Activa customers, company vehicle drivers, dealers and third-party suppliers in a courteous and professional manner. Offer guidance and assistance as necessary.
- As part of the Customer Service team, ensure ALL incoming telephone calls are answered within our ‘three-ring policy’ with the standard Activa greeting.
- Ensure all calls are dealt with in an appropriate manner.
Essential skills and experience
- Flexible approach, highly self and team motivated with the ability to build effective business relations both internally and externally
- Confident, proactive and dynamic, with a ‘can do’ attitude, displaying enthusiasm and high levels of energy
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills – displaying attention to detail at all times
- Good interpersonal, communication, verbal and written skills
- Ability to contribute and participate in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to react to unexpected situations in a calm and professional manner
- Good knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft Office and Smartsheet
- Good geographical understanding of the UK
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.