We’re looking to recruit a Customer Service Apprentice to join our Activa team.
About the role
As an LCV Executive, you will be responsible for providing product information, client consultative services, quotes, orders, delivery lead time updates to our clients and build project management while liaising with third party specialists.
We can offer you:
- 33 days’ annual leave which will grow with years of service
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Generous staff discounts
- Opportunities for training and progression
- Contributory pension scheme
- Maternity and paternity packages
- …and much more
- Understand the client requirement and guide which product will meet their needs.
- Deal with incoming customer/prospect enquiries by telephone and email.
- Adhere to Activa’s 15-second ring policy for answering all incoming calls.
- Dispatch of contract renewal emails and assist with vehicle selection, ensuring they are fit for purpose.
- Liaise with selected LCV suppliers to obtain vehicle supply costs, any specialist equipment and on-the-road pricing.
- Preparation of vehicle quotations using our in-house system, making sure that correct discount levels have been applied and adhere to the client policy.
- Raise Activa proceed to order or tailor client order forms as relevant.
- Source and order vehicles and conversions with our internal and external suppliers and ensure they have appropriate purchase order documentation.
- Track vehicle orders, liaising in regard lead time with second stage build partners if appropriate.
- Liaise with Logistics team in regard to final delivery to client.
- Manage movements of vehicle from first location on to converter(s), project manage to point of final delivery.
- Have an overview of any day-to-day or driver LCV concerns and escalate to Ops or Imps as required.
- In-life vehicle movement management, liaising with logistics and maintaining record of ‘pool/spare’ vehicles.
- Manage early termination or end of contract damage enquiries, liaising with Ops or Remarketing.
- Liaise closely with Activa Area Manager.
- Provide support and assistance as and when required by the client management team.
- Ensure suppliers adhere to agreed KPIs; escalate as required to Saroj Craig.
- Maintenance of CPs, cost centring and reallocation liaising with Imps team.
- Analyse trends and work with AMs to evolve policies.
- Maintain/update new LCV product library on a regular basis. Ensure that such data is provided to all relevant staff via in-house shared files.
- Act as an Activa ambassador on client/suppliers’ meetings and reviews.
Essential skills and experience
- The ability to work in a courteous and professional manner at all times
- A sound understanding and appreciation of customer service principles and practices.
- A strong working knowledge of IT with good experience of the Microsoft Office products, in particular working with Excel and complex spreadsheets
- An individual who is focused, professional and has the ability to work closely with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority and supply partners in a sensitive and professional manner
- Technical vehicle experience would be an advantage, particularly from a manufacturer or dealership background, together with knowledge of Light Commercial Vehicles and DVSA/DVLA ruling
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, delivering a systematic, controlled approach with keen attention to detail
- Ability to learn effectively and follow through, applying problem solving techniques
- The desire to undertake continuous professional development and progress their own understanding of the sector
- An enthusiastic team player with the ability to work independently or within a team
- Positive, enthusiastic, energetic, flexible with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and work under pressure
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.