We’re excited to be launching a new role and apprenticeship at Arnold Clark: Aftersales Customer Advisor. Come and be part of this exciting new journey.
As an apprentice, you will be working in all areas of our Aftersales department, giving you a full and well-rounded understanding of how the department works together. Our aim is to deliver an excellent customer experience both digitally and face to face so it’s no surprise you will be communicating with customers through different channels. This will allow you to enhance your digital skills through using multiple platforms while receiving training on how car parts work and which vehicles they work with. At the end of your training you will have achieved a Digital Application Support SCQF Level 6 qualification.
You will also receive:
- A mentor to support you in the workplace
- A dedicated training and development coach to support your learning journey
- Full training on all ‘in-house’ and external systems and applications
- Information packs and an invite to our virtual open day before you start
- Help to achieve your driving licence in your second year of training with free lessons and two attempts at your test
- All Arnold Clark benefits, including private healthcare, retail discounts and generous holiday allowance
Various branches in Stirling.
Full time: 39 hours per week
About the role
This new role has been created to give you knowledge of how the Aftersales department works. Our training is designed to break down our customer journey and give you a good understanding on how you can deliver a great experience for our customers. Enhancing our customer digital journey is key to our success and we want you to be a part of that.
There will be a lot of customer interaction in the role, but you will also engage with workshop technicians to provide parts for the vehicles they are working on.
- Reviewing and forward planning workloads and checking for accurate and detailed information.
- Liaising with the workshop to ensure they have their required parts.
- Receipting, issuing, and controlling stock.
- Taking care of customers that are bringing in their vehicles for service/repair.
- Identifying parts required and sourcing parts using parts catalogues and internal systems.
- Communicating with customers on the progress of their vehicle.
- Advising of any faults or repairs required and providing clear and accurate solutions.
- Preparing customer reports and invoices.
- This role would be suited to someone who is a good communicator, well organised, self-motivated and keen to deliver a good experience for our customers.
- You must have gained National 4 or above in Maths, English and one other subject (or accredited equivalent)
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Strong communication skills
- An interest in developing your digital knowledge and skills
- A passion for great customer service
- Willingness to learn and listen to instructions
- Ability to build good relationships with your team and other departments
- Ability to ask questions and learn quickly on the job
- Willing to use your own initiative
In return, you’ll receive extensive training and a qualification which will help you to build a rewarding career. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry including great staff retail discounts, opportunities to review your wage three times per year, help to achieve your driving license and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.