Are you over 16 and looking for a brand-new career or a fresh start? The UK’s largest independently owned car retailer is now recruiting for enthusiastic Apprentice Mechanics.
As an Arnold Clark apprentice, you’ll earn your qualification while earning a wage.
And at the end of your training, you’ll have an Autocare Level 2 qualification and hands-on experience in one of our Service departments.
You’ll also receive…
- Your own tools, uniform, boots and overalls.
- A mentor to support you in the workplace.
- Four weeks of introductory training at our dedicated centres.
- Help to achieve your driving licence in your second year of training with free lessons and two attempts at your test.
- Free lunches at our training facilities.
- All the benefits available to existing Arnold Clark employees, from holidays to free private healthcare.
Full time, 39 hours per week
Ready to earn while you learn?
As an Arnold Clark apprentice, you’ll attend one of our dedicated training centres, GTG, for four weeks’ initial training and receive classroom training throughout your apprenticeship. You’ll also regularly be assessed in the workplace to make sure you’re on track for success.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who’s willing to learn and wants to advance their career. You’ll have loads of enthusiasm for the work and be able to take instructions and advice from your mentor in a workplace environment. At the end of the qualification, there are also some fantastic career opportunities on offer for successful participants.
- Working with wheels and tyres.
- Basic servicing, including car health checks.
- Servicing steering and suspension.
- Putting theory into practice following training weeks.
- Completing MOT preparations.
- Diagnosing electrical faults.
- Carrying out reviews on film to build customer trust.
- Overhauling of major components.
- You’ll have gained GCSE 4-9 or above in Maths, English and a traditional science or technical subject, or accredited equivalent
- You must be literate, numerate, reliable and keen to learn
- The ability to build key relationships with other departments
- Willingness to work in a practical environment
- Eagerness to learn new things and ask questions
- Ability to take instruction and use your own initiative
- Listening skills
In return, you’ll receive extensive training and a qualification which will help you to build a rewarding career in the automotive industry. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including great staff retail discounts, life assurance, private healthcare and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.