Are you over 16 and looking for a brand-new career or a fresh start? The UK’s largest independently owned car retailer is now recruiting for enthusiastic Apprentice Mechanics.
As an Arnold Clark apprentice, you’ll earn your qualification while earning a wage.
And at the end of your training, you’ll have a Light Vehicle Maintenance Level 3 qualification and hands-on experience in one of our Service departments.
You’ll also receive…
- Your own tools, uniform, boots and overalls.
- A mentor to support you in the workplace.
- Four weeks of introductory training at our dedicated centres.
- Help to achieve your driving licence in your second year of training with free lessons and two attempts at your test.
- Free lunches at our training facilities.
- All the benefits available to existing Arnold Clark employees, from holidays to free private healthcare.
Branches throughout Inverness
Full time, 39 hours a week
Ready to earn while you learn?
You’ll attend our dedicated training centre GTG for four weeks’ initial training and throughout your apprenticeship. You’ll also regularly be assessed at work to make sure you’re on track for success.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who’s willing to learn and wants to advance their career. You’ll have loads of enthusiasm for the work and be able to take instructions and advice from your mentor in a workplace environment. At the end of the qualification, there are also some fantastic career opportunities on offer for successful participants.
- Working with wheels and tyres.
- Basic servicing, including car health checks.
- Working with steering and suspension.
- Carrying out MOT preparation.
- Putting theory into practice in the workplace.
- Learning about electrical fault diagnostics.
- Filming videos of work done to build trust with customers.
- Overhauling major components.
- You must have gained National 4 or above (or accredited equivalent) in Maths, English and a traditional science or technical subject
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy
- Reliable and keen to learn
- Able to work as a team and on your own initiative
- Ability to take instruction
- Willingness to ask questions and listen
In return for your enthusiasm and skills, you’ll receive extensive training and a qualification which will help you to build a rewarding career in the automotive industry. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including great staff retail discounts, life assurance, private healthcare and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.