About the role
We’re recruiting for enthusiastic Apprentice Spray Painters to work in various locations across Scotland. As part of completing the qualification, you will need to travel to Glasgow to complete your training.
At the end of your training, you’ll have SVQ Level 3 in Vehicle Refinishing and hands-on experience in an Arnold Clark Service department.
You’ll also receive…
- Your own tools, uniform, boots and overalls.
- A mentor to support you in the workplace.
- One week of introductory training at our dedicated centres.
- Help to achieve your driving licence in your second year of training with free lessons and two attempts at your test.
- Free lunches at our training facilities.
- All the benefits available to existing Arnold Clark employees, from holidays to free private healthcare.
Ayr Used Car
Full time, 39 hours per week
Ready to earn while you learn?
As an Apprentice Vehicle Refinisher, you’ll prepare vehicles for refinishing as you train towards your Level 3 in Vehicle Refinishing. You’ll also polish vehicles, carry out minor repairs and refinish vehicles to manufacturer specification.
The right person for this role will have excellent communication skills, a meticulous eye for detail and plenty of enthusiasm. You’ll also be able to carry yourself in a professional manner.
- Preparing vehicles in a logical manner to return the vehicle to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Carrying out general housekeeping in the workshop.
- Liaising with mentors and supervisors to carry out any necessary tasks.
- Being able to work safely while completing workshop tasks.
- Completing polishing operations after refinishing.
- Completing finishing operations and learning to apply top coats.
- You’ll have gained National 4 or above in Maths, English and a traditional science or technical subject or accredited equivalent
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Reliable and keen to learn
- A good basic grasp of hand skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative, or as part of a team
- The ability to understand the importance of timescales and deadlines
- The ability to multi-task
- Be able to understand job cards and what’s needed to return a vehicle to manufacturer specification
In return for your hard work and willingness to learn, you’ll receive an industry-leading employee benefit package including private healthcare, life assurance and preferential terms on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.