We’re recruiting for enthusiastic Apprentice Spray Painters to work in various locations across England. As part of completing the qualification, you will need to travel to Glasgow as part of your coursework to complete your SVQ Level 2 in vehicle refinishing.
Full time, 39 hours per week.
About the role
As an Apprentice Spray Painter, you’ll prepare vehicles for refinishing as you train towards your Level 2 in Vehicle Refinishing. You’ll also polish vehicles, carry out minor repairs and refinish vehicles to manufacturer specification.
The right person for this role will have excellent communication skills, a meticulous eye for detail, and plenty of enthusiasm. You’ll also be able to carry yourself in a professional manner.
- Preparing vehicles in a logical manner to return the vehicle to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Carrying out general housekeeping in the workshop.
- Liaising with mentors and supervisors to carry out any necessary tasks.
- Being able to work safely while completing workshop tasks.
- Completing polishing operations after refinishing.
- Completing finishing operations and learning to apply top coats.
- You’ll have gained or be working towards GCSE 4-9 or above in Maths, English and a Science or Technical subject or accredited equivalent.
- You must be literate, numerate, reliable and keen to learn.
- A good basic grasp of hand skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative, or as part of a team.
- You’ll understand the importance of timescales and deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Be able to understand job cards and what’s needed to return a vehicle to manufacturer specification.
In return for your hard work and willingness to learn, you’ll receive an industry-leading employee benefit package including private healthcare, life assurance and preferential terms on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.