We’re looking for Scotland-based apprentices to join the business and work towards a recognised qualification in Vehicle Refinishing.
At the end of your training, you’ll have an SVQ Level 2 qualification in Vehicle Refinishing and hands-on experience in an Arnold Clark Service department.
You’ll also receive…
- Your own tools, uniform, boots and overalls.
- A mentor to support you in the workplace.
- One week of introductory training at our dedicated centres.
- We’ll help you to achieve your driving licence in your second year of training with free lessons and two attempts at your test.
- Information packs and an invite to our virtual open day before you start.
- Free lunches at our training facilities.
- All the benefits available to existing Arnold Clark employees, from holidays to free private healthcare.
Full time, 39 hours per week
About the role
As an Apprentice Smart Repair Technician, you’ll get the unique chance to work for Europe’s largest independently owned car retailer. You must be able to work well with mentors and supervisors while carrying out your responsibilities in the bodyshop, from keeping things clean and tidy to learning how to refinish, polish and carry out minor repairs on a huge range of vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and have good dexterity for manual tasks. You will train to an SVQ Level 2 qualification in Vehicle Refinishing.
- Preparing vehicles to the manufacturer’s specifications as stated on job cards.
- Carrying out general housekeeping in the workshop.
- Liaising with mentors and supervisors to carry out any tasks.
- Working safely whilst completing workshop tasks.
- Completing polishing operations after refinishing.
- Completing refinishing operations and learning to apply topcoats.
- Carrying out work and following instructions in a professional manner.
- You must have gained National 4 or above in Maths, English and a Science or technical subject (or accredited equivalent).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and tight timescales.
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Good timekeeping.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Keen to learn and able to follow instruction.
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to work as a team and on your own initiative.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.