We’re excited to be offering a Rental Apprenticeship at Arnold Clark. As an apprentice, you’ll develop excellent customer service skills and learn to work as part of a busy, fast-paced team.
Location - Warrington Motorstore (Westbrook)
Hours - Full time
About the role
As a Rental Apprentice, you will work closely with both the customers and our staff to make sure the customers’ needs are met. This apprenticeship will provide you with the training and experience to work confidently with customers and to participate fully in the daily operations of a branch.
As well as receiving on-the-job training, you’ll be trained at GTG Training and be regularly assessed as you work towards achieving a Digital Application Support SCQF Level 6 qualification along with a customer service qualification.
This role would be suited to someone who is an excellent communicator, well-organised and willing to learn, with a strong passion for customer service.
- Answer customer enquiries both by telephone and face to face.
- Deal with customer enquiries and complaints in an efficient and professional manner.
- Turn enquiries into reservations.
- Check in/out rental vehicles.
- Use various computer systems.
- Organise deliveries and collections.
- Liaise with internal/external departments.
- Fleet maintenance and management.
- Run daily reports and ensure they are acted upon.
- Drive and park vehicles, including cars/vans /minibuses (only if FULL licence holder and company insurance standards are met).
- Attend training courses provided by the company as and when required (this may include travelling and/or overnight stays).
- Mystery shop local competitors to maintain and develop awareness of market trends.
- Participate fully in the daily operations of the branch.
- Help control expenditure and make branch profitable.
- Provide cover at other branches when required (subject to travel arrangements).
- Gained or working towards GCSE grade 4-9 in Maths, English and one other subject (or accredited equivalent)
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for great customer service
- Willingness to learn and listen to instructions
- Ability to build good relationships with your team and other departments
- Ability to ask questions and learn quickly on the job
- Willing to use your own initiative
In return, you’ll receive extensive training and a qualification which will help you to build a rewarding career. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry including great staff retail discounts, opportunities to review your wage three times per year, help to achieve your driving license and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.