We have exciting opportunities across Scotland for Apprentice Body Repairers to join the business and work towards a recognised qualification.
At the end of your training, you’ll have a Level 3 qualification in Body Repair and hands-on experience in an Arnold Clark Service department.
You’ll also receive…
- Your own tools, uniform, boots and overalls.
- A mentor to support you in the workplace.
- One week of introductory training at our dedicated centres.
- We’ll help you to achieve your driving licence in your second year of training with free lessons and two attempts at your test.
- Information packs and an invite to our virtual open day before you start.
- Free lunches at our training facilities.
- All the benefits available to existing Arnold Clark employees, from holidays to free private healthcare.
Full time, 39 hours per week.
About the role
As an Apprentice Body Repairer, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of bodyshop-based tasks. These will include moving and refitting vehicle body panels and trims, carrying our repairs to manufacturer specification, welding and rectifying vehicle body misalignment.
Excellent communication skills are an absolute must, as is a meticulous eye for detail and a basic grasp of hand skills. You’ll be able to show us genuine enthusiasm for the role, a professional manner and a willingness to get stuck in. With the guidance of your mentors and supervisors, you’ll work towards a Level 3 qualification in Body Repair.
- Repairing vehicle damage to manufacturer specifications.
- Carrying our general housekeeping in the workshop.
- Liaising with mentors and supervisors to carry out any tasks.
- Working safely, while completing various workshop-based tasks.
- Removing and refitting vehicle body panels and trims.
- Applying body fillers to rectify panel deformation.
- Setting up and testing equipment.
- You’ll have gained National 4 or above in Maths, English and a Science or Technical subject or accredited equivalent.
- You must be literate, numerate, reliable and keen to learn.
- Basic hand skills.
In return for your enthusiasm and willingness to learn, you’ll receive extensive training on specific tasks, and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.