We’re recruiting for enthusiastic Apprentice Mechanics who are excited to jump-start their new career with Arnold Clark.
And at the end of your training, you’ll have a Level 3 qualification in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair and hands-on experience in an Arnold Clark Service department.
You’ll also receive…
- Your own tools, uniform, boots and overalls.
- A mentor to support you in the workplace.
- Four weeks of introductory training at our dedicated centres.
- Information packs and an invite to our family open day before you start.
- Free lunches at our training facilities.
- All the benefits available to existing Arnold Clark employees, from holidays to free private healthcare.
Various branches in Central Glasgow.
Full time, 39 hours a week.
If you become an Arnold Clark apprentice mechanic, you’ll get qualified – and get paid.
You’ll attend our dedicated training centre GTG for four weeks’ initial training and throughout your apprenticeship. You’ll also regularly be assessed at work to make sure you’re on track for success.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who’s willing to learn and wants to advance their career. You’ll have loads of enthusiasm for the work, and be able to take instructions and advice from your mentor in a workplace environment. At the end of the qualification, there are also some fantastic career opportunities on offer for successful participants.
- Working with wheels and tyres.
- Basic servicing, including car health checks.
- Working with steering and suspension.
- Carrying out MOT preparation.
- Putting theory into practice in the workplace.
- Learning about electrical fault diagnostics.
- Filming videos of work done to build trust with customers.
- Overhauling major components.
- You must have gained or be working towards National 4 or above (or accredited equivalent) in Maths, English and a science or technical subject.
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy.
- Reliable and keen to learn.
- Able to work as a team and on your own initiative.
- Ability to take instruction.
- Willingness to ask questions and listen.
In return for your enthusiasm and skills, we offer a generous employee benefits package, including great discounts at loads of high-street shops and restaurants across the UK, as well as preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.