We’re looking for an Apprentice Fire and Electronic Security System Engineer based at Assure Alarms in Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow, with some UK travel.
As an Arnold Clark apprentice, you’ll get qualified – and get paid.
You’ll learn all disciplines within the fast-growing electronic fire and security industry, while you work towards an SVQ Level 3 in Electronic Fire & Security Systems. This apprenticeship would suit someone with practical skills who wants a varied and interesting career.
You’ll also receive…
- Your own tools, uniform, boots and overalls.
- A mentor to support you in the workplace.
- Introductory training at our dedicated centres.
- We’ll help you to achieve your driving licence in your second year of training with free lessons and two attempts at your test.
- Information packs and an invite to our family open day before you start.
- Free lunches at our training facilities.
- All the benefits available to existing Arnold Clark employees, from holidays to free private healthcare.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm
About the role
As an Apprentice Fire and Electronic Security System Engineer, you’ll have an opportunity to learn while you learn, getting hands-on workplace experience while you work towards an industry recognised qualification.
- Dealing with customers in an efficient and professional manner.
- Fitting equipment relating to disciplines within the electronic fire and security industry.
- Learning how to maintain and install fire and intruder alarm systems, access control and CCTV.
- Working closely with skilled engineers and picking up new techniques.
- Travelling to call-outs across the UK as and when required.
- You must have gained or be working towards a GCSE 4- 9 or above (or accredited equivalent) in Maths, English and a science or technical subject.
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy.
- General practical hand skills.
- Willingness to learn and listen to instructions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good timekeeping.
- Flexibility to work away from home for short periods.
- A full driving license held for minimum 1 year.
As you work towards your qualification, you’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and staff retail discounts.
You must have achieved your qualifications before starting the apprenticeship in September 2022.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.