About the role
We’re recruiting for customer focused individuals to join our fantastic Aftersales department as an Apprentice Aftersales Customer Advisor.
As an apprentice, you will work towards a Digital Application Support SCQF Level 6 qualification while gaining invaluable hands-on experience, enhancing our customers’ journey.
You will also receive…
- A mentor to support you in the workplace.
- A dedicated training and development coach to support your learning journey.
- Full training on all ‘in-house’ and external systems and applications.
- Your own uniform.
- Help to achieve your driving licence in your second year of training with free lessons and two attempts at your test.
- All Arnold Clark benefits, including private healthcare, retail discounts and generous holiday allowance.
Various branches in Aberdeen
Full time: 39 hours per week
Ready to earn while you learn?
As an apprentice, you will be working in all areas of our Aftersales department, giving you a full and well-rounded understanding of how the department works together. Our aim is to deliver an excellent customer experience, both digitally and face to face, so it’s no surprise you will be communicating with customers through different channels. This will allow you to enhance your digital skills through using multiple platforms and become an expert in application software, devising solutions and providing help and support to colleagues to relieve the pressure on the technical IT help desk. You will also receive training on how car parts work and which vehicles they work with.
Our training is designed to break down our customer journey and give you a good understanding on how you can deliver a great experience for our customers. Enhancing our customer digital journey is key to our success and we want you to be a part of that.
The role will primarily involve customer interaction, but you will also engage with workshop technicians to provide parts for the vehicles they are working on.
This role would be suited to someone who is a good communicator, well organised, self-motivated and keen to deliver a good experience for our customers.
- Reviewing and planning workloads and checking for accurate and detailed information.
- Liaising with the workshop to ensure they have their required parts.
- Receipting, issuing, and controlling stock.
- Taking care of customers that are bringing in their vehicles for service/repair.
- Identifying parts required and sourcing parts using parts catalogues and internal systems.
- Communicating with customers on the progress of their vehicle.
- Advising of any faults or repairs required and providing clear and accurate solutions.
- Preparing customer reports and invoices.
- You must have gained or be working towards National 4 or above in Maths, English and one other subject (or accredited equivalent)
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Strong communication skills
- An interest in developing your digital knowledge and skills
- A passion for great customer service
- Willingness to learn and listen to instructions
- Ability to build good relationships with your team and other departments
- Ability to ask questions and learn quickly on the job
- Ability to use your own initiative
In return, you’ll receive extensive training and a qualification which will help you to build a rewarding career. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry including great staff retail discounts, opportunities to review your wage three times per year, help to achieve your driving license and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.