We’re excited to be offering a brand-new Aftersales Customer Advisor Apprenticeship at Arnold Clark. As an apprentice, you’ll develop excellent customer service skills, enhance your digital abilities and get to know the ins and outs of cars while understanding the automotive aftercare services we provide. At the end of your training, you’ll have a Digital Application Support SCQF Level 6 qualification.
You’ll also receive…
- A mentor to support you in the workplace.
- Introductory training at our dedicated centres.
- We’ll help you to achieve your driving licence in your second year of training with free lessons and two attempts at your test.
- Information packs and an invite to our family open day before you start.
- Free lunches at our training facilities.
- All the benefits available to existing Arnold Clark employees, from holidays to free private healthcare.
Full time: 40 hours per week
About the role
This brand-new apprenticeship will provide you with the training and experience to work confidently with our customers in the digital age. As an Aftersales Customer Advisor Apprentice, you will work closely with both the customers and our staff to make sure the customers’ needs are met. You’ll also gain the knowledge to accurately look up all the vehicle components that our technicians require to repair them.
As well as receiving on-the-job training, you’ll be trained at GTG Training and be regularly assessed as you work towards achieving a Digital Application Support SCQF Level 6 qualification along with a customer service qualification.
This role would be suited to someone who is an excellent communicator, well-organised and willing to learn all about the digital customer journey.
- Handling all customer requirements for service, parts and vehicle repairs in an efficient and professional manner.
- Advising customers of any faults or repairs found on their vehicle and providing them with clear and accurate solutions.
- Liaising with the workshop to ensure they have the correct parts and that all the information from the customer is accurate for a seamless visit.
- Using our online parts catalogues to look up accurate parts and sourcing them when required.
- Receiving and dispatching parts in a timely and professional manner.
- Working with various online systems to manage customer visits, and using them to communicate efficiently with our customers and your internal colleagues.
- Assisting and controlling parts stock management.
- Working with a team in a busy environment.
- You must have gained or be working towards National 4 in Maths, English and one other subject (or accredited equivalent).
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Strong communication skills.
- An interest in developing your digital knowledge and skills.
- A passion for great customer service.
- Willingness to learn and listen to instructions.
- Ability to build good relationships with your team and other departments.
- Ability to ask questions and learn quickly on the job.
- Willing to use your own initiative.
In return, you’ll receive extensive training and a qualification which will help you to build a rewarding career. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry including great staff retail discounts, opportunities to review your wage three times per year, help to achieve your driving license and preferential rates on new and used cars.
You must have achieved your qualifications before starting the apprenticeship in September 2022.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.